Monday, March 17, 2008

Fifty things



I was once invited to a party where each guest filled out a piece of paper with a "little known" fact about themselves. The papers were collected, put into a bowl, and then each person chose one, the object being that you had to find the person who belonged to the bio-snippet you chose. It was a get-to-know-you game. The ensuing scene was intriguing. Everyone was walking around asking complete strangers personal questions. The responses to the game were also interesting. Some of the guests lied. Others went around saying how stupid the whole exercise was. But for those of us who were honest and partook with gusto it was a lot of fun. The bio-factoid I used was that I was once questioned by the Soviet KGB (it's a long story.)

Well apparently, if you're a bloggist (I prefer it to blogger), one bio-snippet is not enough. Frankly, I'm not sure I want anyone except maybe my wife (not even my kids... especially not my kids) to know fifty things about me. But here is a link to Lawrence Nyveen's fifty things you didn't know about him. Even if, like me, you knew virtually nothing about him to begin with, it's still a lot of fun. Now I feel as though we're tight as frat brothers. Reading down the fifty makes you realize how wonderfully incongruous life can be (at least Lawrence's life, anyway):

http://101squadron.com/2007/01/fifty-things.html

(that's his portrait from his blog, by the way.)



No comments: