Friday, January 4, 2008

The Best Songs of the 70's?

Is this guy on drugs? No, actually he's just British. Mind you, we were all on drugs in the 70s. I mean I like Led Zep's "The Immigrant Song" a lot, love it, but the best song of the decade? I discovered this article at UK's Telegraph and got a good chuckle.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jhtml?xml=/arts/2008/01/03/bmseventies103.xml

I'm a child of the 70s. Actually I was born in '64 but came into consciousness, musically-speaking in the 70s, a decade that started as a hangover of psychedelia, turned to disco and ended with the punk revolution. A wild ride to be sure and probably the reason for my warpedness. Full disclosure: I loved The Captain & Tenille's "Love will Keep Us Together." But it won't make my list. I was heavily into serious, cerebral Brit prog rock (Genesis, Floyd, Tull) while the rest were into boogeying. I campaigned to have sequined halters and mirror-balls permanently banned. Favourite album from the era, Supertramp's "Crime of the Century." Lemme think about it some more...

No comments: