Saturday, December 29, 2007

Sitcom by David McGimpsey (II)

Here's a link to my review of David McGimpsey's exceptional poetry collection Sitcom from today's Montreal Gazette. It's interesting to compare it with my blog post below ("Who will buy my dirty potatoes"). In both instances I loved the book - nothing's changed there - but frankly I prefer the blog review. It's longer, freer and more in the spirit of the book, which makes me reconsider how restrained I can be in print. To be fair, the Gazette's books editor printed the review almost exactly as I submitted it. I guess I just assumed she (the Gazette editor) would never let "fucktard" appear in a major daily. Maybe I should ask her.

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news/books/story.html?id=5b1138fb-09cd-497b-92c8-1a5798e942f6

No comments: